Haruki Murakami

Thursday, January 1, 2009

I wouldn't be surprise if people start throwing stones at me after I say this, so listen up.

I want a book. I think the cover is cute. This is the cover:


A gorgeous, big, fat, fluffy, white, cute, beautiful and naive sheep with a red star on it's side.

I don't know who is the designer/maker of the cover yet but... Oh damn you cover maker, how dare you kill us to buy a book for it's cover only.

And it's sypnosis:

"This mock-detective tale follows an unnamed Japanese man through Tokyo and Hokkaido in 1978. The passive, neurotic, chain-smoking main character gets swept away on an adventure that leads him on a hunt for a sheep that hasn’t been seen for years. The apathetic protagonist meets a woman with magically seductive ears and a strange man who dresses as a sheep and talks in slurs; in this way there are elements of Japanese animism or Shinto."


Seductive ears and dressing up as sheep...

...

Ok ok I'm buying it already! Stop persuading me with these things!



I haven't even finished the first book of Haruki Murakami's I bought. Sputnik Sweetheart. The book's kinda sad and somber in a weird way but somehow I keep flipping the pages to find a tiny little ounce of hope.

Or maybe it's just his writing style that makes it sound so lonely.


And no I didn't finish it because I'm a lazy ass, it's just because it's hard to bring out in public with a naked lady lying on white sheets on the cover, and usually I read books in public cause... I don't like public attention. Strangers make me feel neurotic. It's like I owe the whole world money or something.

0 comments: