=D

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Screw my vegan diet. Nothing gets in between my baking and me.

... Okay maybe not exactly screw it but I'll give myself 1 day of non-vegan-ness.
I used only 1 egg and 80grams of butter! Considerably less than most recipes!
Cakes require more animal killing and this is why I choose bread instead of cakes.

I made wholemeal banana, raisin and honey cinnamon rolls! And the best part was when I could see the honey dripping out of the rolls. *drools*

It took me an hour to knead the dough though cause it's my official first time baking bread without much help at all. (And instructions shouted at me by my mom is not counted. -_- )

Sad part is that after all the work I only made.... 12 rolls. And they turn stale within a day. Now that is sad.

Hope they turn out well though. They're still getting baked and rising beautifully in the oven. 8D


*And after they got out of the oven...*

They're so awesome that I don't mind that I wasted 3 hours on them! <3
Since they're fresh so they're crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. It isn't too sweet with means it's kinda healthy, and the banana and raisins make them sweet naturally.

Cakes can eat my shit (for now), I found a new love in bread.

0 comments: