Woe is me?

Saturday, December 20, 2008

I am not one to regularly have a good, honest and truthful heart to heart conversation or rant before, but it seems I am needing one now. I usually need them to get my brain (or what's left of it anyways,) to the ground and really ponder about what's important in life. The things that really matter in the end and eat at my soul.


Usually as humans we have occasions where we say for example, "Life sucks", "If only...", "Why can't...?" and etc. Life is never perfect. Oh well at least for ourselves. But I've always wondered how could we possibly say that when others are clearly suffering and tolerating more than us just right in front of our noses.

I've always wondered how and why we can just simply enjoy what life has to give when people from somewhere else is practically starving on our doorsteps. Sure they aren't related to us nationally, religiously, status-wise, and the like, but aren't we all the same under the skin?
(I am not preaching, I am merely questioning and wondering. I, as a human, occasionally regularly complain about life as it is now too.)

“We are all brothers under the skin - and I, for one, would be willing to skin humanity to prove it”
-Ayn Rand

Easier said than done it seems.

As of 04:24 GMT (EST+5) Dec 20, 2008, there is a number of 6,748,257,522 in the world. (Note: GMT +8 hours is Malaysian time.)

What are we in this endless sea of people?


And to think there are countless galaxies out there with countless planets with other possible life forms, I feel like my meager existence doesn't amount to much at all.

So while we're still alive and kicking, why not help some others eh?

1. http://www.one.org/
One Campaign is a non-profit organization which aims to fight against AIDS and extreme poverty.


2.
Everyone should know this is the WWF and what it does.
(Save a cute panda [and other animals], please?)
@(o・ェ・o)@


3.


Stop Global Warming. (Quite literally, really.)
Heat's getting pretty bad, and we can totally feel it in Malaysia. Mornings are burning and air conditioning is even needed at night. =(
Just imagine other places.
Venice is practically drowning at times,some places are facing really bad drought and glaciers are practically burning.


(Venice streets are swimming.)

4.


I do not live in California, but even I know this is bad.
If you don't know yet, Prop 8 is a proposition ballot to eliminate the right of same-sex couples to marry. I mainly don't like it because it discriminates.
I'm not exactly fully aware of what's going on in California's balloting right now, but it seems they've lost the vote. But we can still change that by opposing it over time.


(And Ellen just took the words right outta my mouth. =D )





By the way, while randomly looking around for stuff for this post, saw this: http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/101_earth_facts_030722-1.html . I'm finding it pretty interesting too. Rocks can floats. Never knew. O_o

0 comments: