*Insert question mark here*

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Listening to : Andrea Bocelli
Mood: Thinking too much

Note: Very long useless rant to satisfy my idleness. Don't read if you don't want to waste your precious time. Touches on religion and society. Very confusing indeed.

"...one of the sad facts about getting older is that you've always thought of yourself and people you know as righteous and true and the people you dislike as evil. The older you get the more muddy that water becomes." -Daniel Handler (Author of A Series Of Unfortunate Events)


... So true.

What can really separate us from good and bad?
Society's views?
Habits passed on for generations?
Religion?
Our own opinion?

Always in movies or books you'll see this really evil person that turns out to be... 'good' or just 'neutral' in the end.
Good examples include:
Snape from Harry Potter,
Count Olaf from Series of Unfortunate Events,
Galileo Galilei (If u didn't know, Galileo contributed a lot to the study of astronomy, but he was suspected of heresy by the church),
Sylar from Heroes
and etc.

All of them, in my honest opinion, were pretty neutral to me since the start to the very end of me knowing about them. Okay, some people may not agree on Sylar, but he was abused as a kid, and that may have scrambled his brains up a little, and so what if he's taking advantage of Peter Petrelli? Stupid Peter has every ability known to man anyways.


And on the topic of religion.
Religion doesn't make bad people. Bad characteristics make bad people.
There are bad people in every religion. Religion is just part of you, not as a whole.
So I do get a little pissed off when some Americans have prejudice over Muslims since their 911 incident.

And people shouldn't avoid doing bad things for JUST the sake of being true to your religion, do it for the sake of others' happiness, for the sake of the next generation's future. I don't think being scared of divine retribution and thus not committing a crime is going to help the thinking of future people.

And waging wars in God's name is just... effed up.


(Image taken from A Perfect Circle's website by the way.)

Actually not just that. Using God's name for your own greed, twisting His words to your own advantage, and consoling yourself that you are merely doing this for Him is just plain wrong.

I'm not going to mention people that are committing this act. There are just too many to mention. You may know them from daily life as people close to you, from the media as politicians, and many, many more.

I myself am just one person. I cannot do much but I can restrain myself from doing bad things when my conscience tells me it's just a crappy thing to do that will affect other people. I'm no Saint. But that doesn't make me Satan either.

0 comments: