Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I got my rattail/faux hawk!!!
And it's so easy to wash my hair now, just 15 minutes in the shower and it's done!
And I just have to simply mess it up with my towel to dry my hair.
I love it.

-----

Other than my hair, I think I have another band to add to my fav band list next to the Used and Boys Like Girls. It's none other than AFI.

I did download AFI 1st single from their latest album, Miss Murder, a few months ago, but I didn't hear the song carefully, watch the video, or search for the meaning of the song.
I was bored yesterday so I listened to it, and I just loved the screaming part. Davey's (the lead singer) scream is amazing cause it's the low voice and yet loud scream, and not the extremely scary pig squeling scream.
And then I searched the meaning while waiting for the video to load in youtube, and I fell even more in love with the band. O_o But the song's meaning is kinda complicating and long so I can't excatly explain here.
And the video... beautiful. I just loved the cute bunny rabbits!! And it won MTV best rock video of 2006.

"The video features a pale woman (presumably "Miss Murder") sitting at an ornately carved desk, and stamping an AFI Decemberunderground logo (3 rabbits evenly spaced around an AFI logo), then folding the paper and placing it in her mouth. In a separate ornately decorated building, Davey sits at a similar desk with a mirror, and pulls the same paper out of his mouth. Upon unfolding it, he sees the symbol, knowing that it is the indication of his imminent end.
The song begins with Adam, Hunter, and Jade spaced in a triangular fashion in the Grand Hall of the building, playing the song. Davey walks to the balcony, and standing on the ledge, begins saluting and rallying the massive mob that has gathered in the streets below. Davey is rallying the crowd to him, knowing that Miss Murder is coming for him.
Just before the bridge of the song, Miss Murder's face is revealed for the first time. She carries with her a black rabbit, and sets it on the ground. There is a shot of Davey turning in the chair of his desk, and seeing 16 black rabbits on the floor behind his desk. Davey picks one up and places it on his lap, seeming to resign to the fact that he is inevitably going to die. Suddenly the crowd in the street beneath the ledge disappears and Davey sees Miss Murder exiting out of the doorway of the building across the street. He becomes enraged, and returns to his desk to await his death. As the song finishes, Miss Murder approaches behind him, and touches his shoulder. "
-From Wikipedia.

And here's the real video. In video form, not in words. It includes a directore's cut, and the cut features the song Prelude 12/21. 12/21 is the date of the starting of the winter solstice if you didn't know.





Beautiful isn't it? I loved it when he took the letter out of his mouth.

And the other song I really love is Love Like Winter. The video's beautiful too. Snowy and all.





To just cut all the crap and get to the point is...
I love AFI.

And here's Prelude 12/21. Enjoy. It sounds like the lullaby of death.

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=184618

0 comments: