Mika.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Damn man, I love Mika's songs.


If you don't know who Mika is... What cave have you been living in?!?!?!


Mika's the guy who sings the high pitched song Grace Kelly, you know, the song with the line:

"I could be brown

I could be blue

I could be violet sky

I could be hurtful

I could be purple

I could anything you like~"


I love the falsetto. Mika seriously reminds me of Freddie Mercury, just too bad he doesn't sing rock. I would love it if he sang maybe just one or two rock songs with his voice.


But my favourite song of Mika is still... Lollipop!


I love it cause it's funny. The lyrics consist of serious and maybe a little sad or angsty-ness, but the beat and everything is fast and happy. So that's what makes a song funny. When a song is funny... People are happy! =) Too bad there's no video for lollipop.


And did you notice in a lot of songs, there's this child voice? The voice is made by the drummer of his band, but I love the playful childlike-ness of it. Reminds me of carefree-ness.


To be frank, I love all the song on the album. The falsettos, the beat, the instruments... They all go well with each other. 2 songs I really like are Happy Ending and Stuck In The Middle. Happy ending is kinda sad and more slow compared to his other song, but great song nevertheless. And to me, stuck in the middle means that no one can really love you honestly. But stuck in the middle still has a great beat.


Mika seriously has some great talent. I seriously want to get his album.
Life in Cartoon Motion by Mika.

0 comments: