Sch.... weppes.

Monday, June 8, 2009

I would like to introduce you all to a little friend of mine.

Random reader, this is Schweppes Bitter Lemon.



It seems like a harmless lame drink with it's ugly and gaudy sky blue colour, but once you get a sip of this baby, you'll ask coke to eat your shit.

(Btw, it contains quinine and I'm wondering if Islamic ppl can't consume that since it is under the non-halal section of grocery stores. And no, it does not contain alcohol.)


Actually at first I didn't really like it. It just brought back annoying memories of when I was a 5 year old and was sick and refused to drink my cough medicine. I remember it tasted remotely like cough medicine and I was like 'EWW'. But I did like it for it's sour taste though.

But one day I accidentally ate an almond cookie which was salty and I don't really like salty food. But once I took a sip of the Bitter Lemon though, the Bitter Lemon tasted kinda sweet and the cookie didn't taste that bad no more. =D

And when I eat sweet stuff like candy, the bitter taste in the Bitter Lemon is almost completely gone and the sour taste is totally enhanced.

And sometimes I do like to consume bitter stuff. Not sure why. Seems i'm sadistic enough to torture my tastebuds.


My preferences depend on my moods actually and Bitter Lemon is totally awesome cause it's taste changes when you eat different stuff. =D

0 comments: